Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Paul's Lifestyle - Fishing Stuff






Hello All
Every Month a fishing tournament is held run by the Pohnpei Fishing Club, of which I am a member.
The tournament has various prizes depending on whom sponsors each event.
Last tournament was a catch-8. Which means the more species you catch on the list, the more chance you have of winning. There are also prizes for the biggest fish in each category.
We caught 3 species on the list and came fourth, but had a good day.
I caught the biggest Giant Trevally and got a $75 gift voucher.

When tournaments arent on I often go out with our neighbour, the mad brazilian "Allois". He owns the jetski from previous photos. He is a mad keen fisherman and also runs the Pohnpei Surf Club where all the pro surfers come to stay. He is a great guy to fish with and was on a bit of a roll hooking 6 Marlin out of 7 trips. ( I wasnt on any of those but saw the aftermath).
So life is good here for me although I do miss golf, I still have my fishing.


Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment